This three-part series of one-hour sessions will introduce the basics of meditation, including the principles of mindfulness, posture, breathing, and our relationship to the three main aspects of our human nature: body, heart, and mind. Its purpose is to develop a strong inner foundation, which is always important, but especially now in dealing with quarantine and isolation brought on by the pandemic.
Each interactive session will be broken into four parts:
1) “Warm-up”/”Entering the Meditation Room,” where we’ll listen to peaceful music or other sounds, and check in with ourselves and each other through quiet conversation and a brief relaxation technique
2) Introduction to a different key aspect of meditation
3) a Guided Meditation practice session
4) Discussion of the experience, feedback, and follow-up
Session 1: Introduction to “Mindfulness and More”; “The Body and Its Ground” (Posture and “taking your seat”; Body-scan meditation; walking meditation; free movement, including lessons from Tai Chi, such as “rooting,” kidney point/”Bubbling Well” and the idea that “the whole body has mind” and what that means).
Soberocity is an online sober community that aims to connect sober individuals to sober events in their area. We encourage you to join Soberocity, and to enjoy connecting with others, as well as to get healthy eating and living tips, explore spirituality, read addiction and recovery articles, hear personal sobriety stories and more.
JOIN THE SQUAD
- People who are sober curious
- Anyone who is new to recovery
- Anyone who has been in recovery for a long time
- Sober companions, sponsors, and counselors looking to learn more about the sober community
- Anyone looking to be surrounded by the sober community and be uplifted by it
- Our Top 5 Virtual Support Groups - July 8, 2021
- Meditation Tips for Beginners | Tip #2 - May 3, 2021
- Michelle Smith – Creator of “Recovery is the New Black” - May 3, 2021