Diet Culture and the Toll it Takes on Mental Health and Self Worth is a virtual panel that will explore the stories of plus-sized fashion designer Renee Cafaro and plus-sized model Sarah Hamel-Smith.
This open conversation will dive into topics of get slim quick schemes, dependence on diet pills, disordered eating, and how each panelist reclaimed love and acceptance for their bodies.
This panel will be held on Tuesday, October 18th at 7pm EST and is free to all with an option to purchase a $5 or $10 ticket towards the programming of more panels such as this one. We do our best to offer as many free events as we can, any contribution made will ensure we can continue to offer low to no-cost events in the future.
You can also become a patron on our Patreon for updates and offers on events as well as the ability to grab tickets one week before they go on sale to the general public.
Tickets are free for anyone who RSVPs, you will receive the Zoom link via email a week before the event and on the day of the event
You will need to be able to access Zoom or a telephone line to attend this virtual event
Please email us at [email protected] should you have any accessibility requirements for attending this event
Founded in 2017, Soberocity’s mission has always been clear: we want to connect people living a sober life with like-minded individuals through online meet-ups, live streams, and more. We want to change the perception of what it means to live a sober life and make it achievable and attainable for everyone suffering, or who has suffered, from addiction. Soberocity also believes in helping our community to stay sober and to pursue a sober life by offering sober resources and a unique opportunity to connect with other sober individuals. For us, sobriety is a spectrum and we fully embrace all looking to join our community, for together we are infinitely strong.
Soberocity is for anyone with an interest in retaining or gaining sobriety worldwide, including:
- People who are sober curious
- Anyone who is new to recovery
- Anyone who has been in recovery for a long time
- Sober companions, sponsors, and counselors looking to learn more about the sober community
- Anyone looking to be surrounded by the sober community and be uplifted by it
- Diet Culture and the Toll it Takes on Mental Health and Self Worth - October 13, 2022
- Break Free NYFW Announces Performers and Guest Speakers for the Runway, Including Award Winning Double Platinum Recording Artist, Mary Lambert - September 7, 2022
- Break Free NYFW Collaborates with Fashion Fights Cancer to Raise Awareness on Cancer Research - August 26, 2022